Monday 31 August 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend in Exeter

After work finished on Saturday afternoon I raced home to catch the Grand Prix qualifying, I managed to get in just in time to see the last two parts, and exciting it was too! It was worth getting out of breath for (a little worrying for my Great West Run prospects next year that a short downhill run left me in that state!)

Exeter Quay

Then in the evening we wandered down to the quay for a drink. There was a band getting ready for a gig, outdoor bars and balloons. I managed to get a balloon even though I think they were for the children!

Exeter Quay

It was a nice evening, but even at 8.30pm it was starting to get dark and cold, the summer really is nearly at an end! At least we have a week in Majorca next month to get some sun!

Exeter Quay

Sunday was spend mostly watching motorsport. The organisers of the BTCC series seemed to have messed up the scheduling and clashed with the Belgian Grand Prix, but I watched as many of the races as I could then caught up with the missing ones on the ITV Player later in the evening. We also met Darren and Dave for a spot of Wii Bowling in the evening.

Today I lay in until 10am, and later will be off to Nick and Sarah's for a Barbeque (weather permitting!)

I thought I might find it strange not being at the Greenbelt festival this weekend, and the internet has been strangely quiet as many of my "online" friends are there, but in fact I have not missed it, and enjoyed relaxing at home for a few days. I might revisit it again one year, but I also fancy trying out some of the other festivals around too. I guess it all depends where we end up living and which festivals are convenient.

Exeter Quay