Friday 2 July 2010

Long Summer Walk

On Monday I decided that a lovely long walk in the sun was called for, so I walked from Starcross, all the way to home. That is almost from the coast to the city, so quite a long walk! Luckily there are several excellent pubs on the way, so that broke it up a bit. Here are a few of the pictures I took on my phone.

Photo0086
The train I had just got off in Starcross.

Photo0088
Strange markers along the path from Starcross to Exeter Quay.

Photo0091
Photo0094

Looking across the estate at Powderham, where I saw Deer, Heron and Egrets, shame my phone camera does not have a zoom!

Photo0101
The stillness of the Canal at Turf Locks.

Photo0106
Me looking crazed and windswept at Turf.

Photo0113

Photo0109
The canal path in glorious sun!

Photo0117
Not the nicest part of the walk, but the motorway bridge does at least give some shade.

Photo0127
On the Quay at Exeter over 4 hours from the start, and almost home!

2 comments:

Ian Climacus said...

Wow. I've said it before: you truly live in a most gloriously beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

Ross said...

I live in Exeter, Starcross is great for bicycle rides from Exeter to Dawlish. The photos make it look a lot better with that Sun out! The weather is hardly ever that nice!