Wednesday 25 June 2008

Week round up

An unremarkable week in Exeter so far, some fire engines opposite where I work in the High Street yesterday for most of the day, but I never found out why, Monday night I was second place in the City Gate poker tournament, which is a tenner in my pocket, and a bit of time spent at the Mill on the Exe enjoying the sun this afternoon – apparently the downstairs is going to be open again in July, I remember when there were pool tables and druggies down there, ah, the good old days.

Poker at the City Gate

After my half day at work today I fully intended on going to HMV and getting the new Coldplay album, but somehow left with the Sarah Bareilles album instead. Somehow on a sunny afternoon it did not seen right to bring myself down with Coldplays misery, but I will get it at some point.

Tonight is a rarity for me, I will be watching a whole football match on the TV. Much as the sport leaves me uninterested I will be cheering on Germany for the sake of the two Germans present. Yay Germany for the World Cup, or whatever it is.

2 comments:

Ivonne said...

LOL even I know that it is the European championship...

Ruth said...

And I had NO IDEA that wiblog was meant to be Christian. And to think I was reading it too! Welcome to Exeblog Neil.