Sunday 13 July 2008

New Five Pence

I am sorry I have not posted a pub review this week, I have actually been to the City Gate several times since the last post, but forgot my camera each time!

Plenty happening at work to keep me entertained though, we have gone from being a troubled bank, to a beleaguered lender (what a lovely word!) back to troubled again. Next week is the Extraordinary General Meeting (I picture extraordinary as there being jugglers, dancing badgers, trapeze artists and perhaps a guest visit from Elvis) so we will be in the news all over again.

More excitingly we found one of the new design coins at work this week, if you did not know about the new designs then see the Royal Mint site (http://www.royalmint.com/newdesigns/designsRevealed.aspx). My plan is to collect all of them and mount them on a card or perhaps in a frame. Here is the first specimen.

New 5p coin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those coins look good. Not sure why they are bothering though, won't we all be using Euros soon ;)

Ivonne said...

that would make my life a lot easier, no more of the converting back and forth

Anonymous said...

They are very nice indeed.