Sunday 6 July 2008

SPCK Exeter and the rain

Well what a rainy week it has been here in Exeter, bout 1pm on Wednesday there was a downpour that had the drains in the High Street backing up within about 5 minutes. The rain also timed itself perfectly for me going home early on my afternoon off!

I have not been out and about too much this week due to having to save money (a trip to Rome is booked for later in the year and I must ensure I can pay for that, and buy nice food and wine while I am there!), so mostly I have been staying in watching the tennis and motor racing and reading. This does not make for many Exeter things to talk about.

Last Saturday though I did meet up with some of the guys who I used to work with at the former SPCK bookshop in Exeter, 3 previous managers came along as well and we had a nice time catching up with the SPCK news (the Exeter shop is as good as closed now) and what we have been doing since we left. For those interested in what became of the shop there is a blog (http://spckssg.wordpress.com/) that gives up to date news, but warning, some of the commenters are very bitter and it does not make very happy reading!

spck exeter

The next Pub Guide will follow this week, I just need to get some pictures before poker tomorrow night.

No comments: