Wednesday 1 October 2008

Rome - Part Seven - Spanish steps

Rome 2008 Part 1 124

One of the most famous tourist sites in Rome, in the past you would have picked up a hooker there, or unwittingly been enrolled into the Spanish army, but now is jam packed with people loitering and soaking up the atmosphere.

I was not expecting much, how exciting could steps be? In fact I was really impressed with the elegance and architecture of the whole area. Too busy to be romantic, but certainly has an atmosphere of its own, and from the top of the steps the view is fantastic.

Rome 2008 Part 1 127

I did mislead Ivonne into believing there was ice cream at the top, an honest mistake, but to be fair we did eat early that day and then find some ice cream after that!

Rome 2008 Part 1 125

As a vague connection with my last post, my new employer is Spanish, and it looks as though our jobs are safe for the foreseeable future, and in fact exciting new opportunities could develop from the takeover of the savings business - only time will tell! (I am an optimist, as my posts when SPCK was taken over will show (http://www.wibsite.com/wiblog/neil/read.php?19520), sometimes my optimism is misplaced though, lets hope this takeover is a little more positive)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning indeed.

And continued prayers for the work situation.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are looking a little more optimistic on the work front. Better that SSG, anyway...!