Sunday 4 January 2009

Post Christmas period

"On the twelfth day of Christmas..." and the preceding 3 or 4 days it always feels a bit weird to me.

The combination of adjusting your body to a less rich diet - yet still having lots of chocolate hanging around, a forest of dead discarded Christmas trees in gardens and dumped under bridges and anywhere else people think of, a slightly philosophical time of year thinking about new starts and the year ahead

I have been distracting myself in several ways...

Ivonne gave me the latest Danny Wallace book Friends Like These which I am really enjoying. He is of course a Hollywood star (almost) now, but this book goes right back to the roots of Are You Dave Gorman and Join Me, a very relevant book as it is about Danny Getting older and hitting his thirties.

We have also been watching the comedy DVDs we got for Christmas, Micheal McIntyre and also Russell Howard, both were hilarious (although I think I laughed at Micheal McIntyre a little bit more).

The River Exe flood relief channel has started to freeze, now at least a centimetre thick across most of the surface, We will go out and inspect it later, and perhaps take a few photos.

1 comment:

Ivonne said...

I agree I laughed more at Michael McIntyre as well... what a shame for Russell Howard...