Tuesday 4 August 2009

That was the summer?

I am sorry, it has been a long, long time. But now I have a week off and instead of enjoying the glorious drizzle outside I decided to update this blog.

So what has happened in the world of Exeter? well, 2 new Wetherspoons have opened, one especially for the chavs of Cowick Street, and a slightly better one on the former Hogshead site. The day the new "Chevalier Inn" opened I witnesses a strange fight involving 2 men and a dog happening right outside the main doors. If anyone has any information about this fight I would be really interested, as I sure could not work out what was going on. The pub also made front page headlines when it banned a blind man in a football shirt from going in. Why this should have made news is beyond me, as is why it was relevant that the man was blind and had "been an Exeter City fan for 20 years". Story perfectly summed up here: http://www.thisisntexeter.co.uk/site/local/455

Poker at the City Gate has been gaining players week after week, with players from Sweden, Spain, Northern Ireland and Germany joining us in recent weeks. I have had one win, one second and one third since I last posted.

Other than that a few shops have opened in town (new HMV, Fopp, Disney Store), Foodeze has gone for good, a nice Beer festival happened at the castle, Micheal McIntyre came to the Northcott and we are planning a holiday in the sun for when Ivonne finally finished her PHD...

I will leave you with a couple of pictures taken at Bickleigh last month on an unusually sunny evening. Hope to update sooner next time!

Bickleigh 009

Bickleigh 001

1 comment:

Ian Climacus said...

Wondrous photos.

And great to hear from you again!